Even after all these years, people have several misconceptions about dental implants which scare them to an extent that they don’t even want to go for it ever. They believe that implants can’t be done without unbearable pain and stitches. If you’re planning to have dental implants in the near future and want to avoid any such misconception, then make sure you take a close look at the below-stated facts and after effects. For example-
Important Facts That You Should Know
- There are many types of tooth restoration options available in dentistry; however, the only thing that looks and feels like real teeth is a dental implant. There’s no other option that can even come close to it.
- Dental implants are made of titanium. They replace the tooth root completely and ensure that the patient can have a real tooth-alike experience without any hassle.
- Although implant doesn’t get the cavity, you should take all the measures to keep your teeth strong and healthy.
Important After Effects of Dental Implants
Just like the above-mentioned facts, there are a few after effects of dental implants that you need to pay attention if you want to have a great experience. Here are they-
- Chances are after the implantology is done, you’ll experience swelling and bruising around the area. Normally it disappears after a few days, but if you continue to face pain and swelling, then it’s better to consult with your dentist as soon as possible.
- On an average, the tenderness in your gums will last 3-6 days post surgery. Don’t panic during this period. Your body is still getting used to the implants and will return to normal very soon.
- Most dentists take every possible precaution to ensure that the bleeding stops right after the surgery. However; sometimes, you may continue to experience bleeding for 24-48 hours. If it doesn’t stop after that, consult with your dentist without any further delay.
There are many clinics in your area that you can get in touch with. But if you wish to get the best services at the lowest cost, then browse clinique santé dentaire globale implantologue and have a great experience.